CONSTRUCTION QUALITY MANAGEMENT CLASS FOR CONTRACTORS
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Louisville District, in partnership with the Naval Facilities Engineering Command and the Associated General Contractors, West Central Ohio Division offers the Construction Quality Management for Contractors Class #784 in Dayton, Ohio.
US Army Corps of Engineers Requirements:
The US Army Corps of Engineers (Corps) requires all contractors performing construction for them to comply with the “Contractor Quality Control” (CQC), provisions in their contracts. In the early development of the CQC system, there was considerable misunderstanding as to what was required and who was responsible for it. In cooperation with the construction industry, the Corps developed a training course entitled “Construction Quality Management for Contractors (CQM)”. The purpose of this course is to familiarize all quality management personnel with the Corps construction quality management policies and procedures. The course details the requirements of the government and contractor personnel assigned to the project and the reasons for those requirements. The effectiveness of the CQM system is enhanced when all personnel are aware of their responsibilities and the reasons for them. To ensure the success of the CQC system, every Corps construction contract stipulates that the contractor’s quality control representative is required to have this training. This course is offered throughout the year by many Corps offices and contractor associations across the nation.
The certificate issued upon successful completion of the CQM class is good for 5 years.
USACE CQM Training Hosted by the AGC West Central Ohio Division:
On a bi-monthly basis, the AGC West Central Ohio Division facilitates a CQM training session in Dayton, Ohio for the US Army Corps of Engineers, Louisville District. Typically, CQM classes are offered in February, April, June, August, October, and December, on Tuesday and Wednesday, 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM, in the third week of these months.
A Certified Instructor of the US Army Corps of Engineers provides CQM training using video, lecture, and individual/group work. All participants are issued a training manual, developed by the US Army Corps of Engineers and the US Naval Facilities Engineering Command.
A course certificate will be awarded to those who successfully complete the training and pass a final exam. The certificate is valid for a five year period from the date of the class.
All Quality Control Representatives new to the CQC system are required to complete CQM for Contractors #784. Currently, all persons needing recertification must also attend CQM training.
CQM Training will be held at 7250 Poe Avenue, Dayton, OH 45414 in the AGC West Central Ohio Division office or an adjacent conference center. This location is conveniently reached off I75s Benchwood/Wyse Exit #59, which is one exit south of the I75 and I70 interchange. If needed, many lodging options are available off the same exit in North Dayton.
USACE CQM Training Hosted by the AGC West Central Ohio Division Continued
The fee for CQM for Contractors training is $250/person for AGC West Central Ohio Division members; and $400/person for all others. The fee covers course materials, completion certificate, and continental breakfast, lunch, and refreshments on both class days.
Registration and payment are required to participate in the US Army Corps of Engineers Construction Quality Management for Contractors training hosted by the AGC West Central Ohio Division.
- Completed CQM Registration forms are to be forwarded to the AGC by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to (937) 228-8280 to hold a seat in a CQM class.
- Check payments should be made out to the AGC West Central Ohio Division and mailed to 7250 Poe Avenue, Suite 130, Dayton, OH 45414 with receipt requested by the Friday preceding the start of the CQM class.
- Once payment is received, participants will be notified his/her registration in CQM training is confirmed.
- A completion certificate will be held for any participant who satisfies training requirements however, his/her class fee is unpaid at the end of training. The certificate will be mailed to the participant once payment is finalized.
- It is understood a conflict may arise preventing a registered CQM participant from attending his/her scheduled class, however, a course refund will not issued. Registration and payment can be deferred until a future CQM class, preferably in the near future and same fiscal year; or a CQM registration/payment can be assigned to another person within the same Company.
Following is the CQM for Contractors in Dayton, OH training calendar for 2017:
February 14-15, 2017 (Tues & Wed)
April 18-19, 2017 (Tues & Wed)
June 20-21, 2017 (Tues & Wed)
August 15-16, 2017 (Tues & Wed)
October 24-25, 2017 (Tues & Wed)
December 12-13, 2017 (Tues & Wed)
There will be a charge of $15/participant fee for processing credit card payments.