About AGC of Ohio Education Foundation Scholarship
AGC of Ohio Education Foundation Scholarships
The AGC of Ohio Education Foundation, Inc. is a nonprofit organization designed to promote the construction industry by providing scholarships to students interested in pursuing careers in construction. The Education Foundation was formed in 1999, and awarded its first scholarships in 2000.
All applicants must be a U.S. citizen, have a 2.5 minimum GPA (out of 4.0), and an undergraduate in at least the second year of a 2-year, 4-year or 5-year degree program during the academic year.
Awards are for up to $1,000, except the AGC of Northwest Ohio Robert H. Moyer Scholarship ($2,000) and the Mosser Scholarships (awards vary).
Multiple scholarships are available to students pursuing construction-related degrees. For specific scholarship criteria, review list below and the scholarship application.
- AGC of Akron Ohio Scholarship: Carmen Scaccio Memorial Scholarship (1 available): Applicants must be from the Northeastern Ohio area, a University of Akron Construction Technology student, and/or the child/stepchild of an employee or an employee of one of the AGC of Akron member companies.
- AGC of Northwest Ohio Scholarship (1 available): For students from the Northwest Ohio area
- AGC of Northwest Ohio Robert H. Moyer Scholarship (1 available): For engineering majors from the Northwest Ohio area
- AGC of Ohio Scholarships (4 available): For students from Ohio or neighboring counties
- Central Ohio AGC Scholarship: For students from the Central Ohio area
- Central Ohio AGC: J.D. Flaherty, Jr. Scholarship: For students from the Central Ohio area
- Independence Excavating, a DiGeronimo Co., 50th Anniversary Scholarship (1 available): Available to students enrolled in or attending an Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virginia or Michigan college or university
- The Liberty Scholarship (1 available): Students must attend either the Columbus State Community College, The Ohio State University or the University of Cincinnati.
- Mosser Construction, Inc. Scholarships (1 available at each school): For students attending University of Toledo, Owens Community College (Toledo Campus), or Terra Community College (These scholarships are administered by each respective school, but application process goes through the Education Foundation.) Applicants for the Mosser Bowling Green State University scholarship should apply through BGSU.
- Precision Environmental Scholarship (1 available): Student must be a resident of Northern Ohio and attending college in Ohio
- The Timothy P. Galvin Scholarship (1 available): Students must attend either The Ohio State University or Columbus State Community College
- The Tim Evans Scholarship, from The Knoch Corp. (1 available): Applicants must be from Portage, Medina, Stark, Summit, Tuscarawas or Wayne counties and have a concentration in construction/engineering/architecture related degree. Applicants who themselves and/or an immediate family member have been diagnosed with a neuromuscular disease will receive additional points during the grading process.
- Tuttle Services Inc. Tiny Rauch Scholarship (1 available): Students from Ohio pursuing construction-related degrees or employees of Tuttle Services Inc. or immediate family.
- Shook Construction Harry F. Gaeke Memorial Scholarship (1 available): Available to students pursuing a construction-related degree that reside or attend school in Ohio, Indiana or Kentucky.
- West Central Ohio AGC Scholarship (1 available): For students from the West Central Ohio area
- Settle Muter Electric: William L. Muter Scholarship ( 1 available): Available to students and/or employees of Settle Muter Electric pursuing a construction related degree that reside in Ohio.
- Cleveland AGC Scholarship ( 1 available): For students from Cuyahoga, Portage, Lake, Summit, Medina, Lorain, Erie, Huron or Sandusky counties pursuing a construction-related degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Business or Accounting.
- Rudolph/Libbe, Inc.: Gary Haas & Fritz Rudolph Honorary Scholarship (1 available): Bowling Green State University students majoring in construction management or architecture.
- Rudolph/Libbe, Inc. & GEM, Inc.: Gary Haas Honorary Scholarship (1 available): Bowling Green State University or University of Toledo students majoring in construction, architecture or engineering.
- Kokosing Constuction Co. Scholasrship (1 available): Available to students with a permanent residence in Ohio.